Friday, October 23, 2009

Matter Presentation




For this slide show I decided to incorporate an idea I went over in SME this semester. I think making this presentation was really fun! It was a cool way to make a lesson. After reading the article on the BBP (beyond bullet points) approach I actually learned a lot. I learned that the less text the better because human memory can handle so much. I have always used bullet points in my presentations so this was definitely different. The article said to have a main headline for the text so that the students were capable of actually taking in what is on the slide. For that reason I simply had a general definition as the "headline" on the slide to make it easier understood. The article also stated that images help people to learn visually. Therefore for each state of matter I had a slide of images as examples. I really think this method is beneficial and hope to remember some of the techniques for my future classroom.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job on your presentation. I like that you have a short and clear definition for each state of matter. It makes it easier for the students to pay attention to and learn. Using pictures for the examples I also think is a great way for students to learn because of it being visual. Visually seeing concepts has always helped me store information easier. I really like the BBP approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also commented on your presentation. The BBP approach is very intriguing to me. I had always used bullet points in presentations, but now I know better. I think the short concise wording makes it more understandable. The visuals also help to further clarify. Overall I like the approach and plan on using it in my classroom!

    ReplyDelete